Sunday, June 13, 2010

This is why I'm such good friends with my seam ripper...

"Yay, got all the 4x4 blocks finished... now to arrange them all"
*arranges*
"Perhaps I should go double check on the computer to make sure this is correct.  Meh, it's all the way across the room and I'm sure this is right."
*sew, iron, sew, iron*
"Hm... "
*goes to check the computer*
"D'oh"

A bunch of seam ripping and resewing later, and we have this beauty all finished:  (Although the other way was kind of cool too.)

Beautiful block, Leanne!  I'll put it in the mail as soon as I figure out how much the postage needs to be.  :)

8 comments:

  1. I have a post about MY problems with this block too. ;) Seam ripping is part of the process I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look beautiful either way! :) Great block! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have taken it either way! it is so lovely. Thanks so much and so sorry for the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe that I just realized I made the EXACT same mistake! Goodness! Glad I caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woe is us! It was bad luck for me - because of the order in which I sewed it, I had to take apart almost all of the 4-block seams in order to rearrange things.

    But I'm so glad we had this block - it was so much easier than I expected that I am thinking I might make one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made the same mistake...getting to know my seam ripper....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so making this block! I like the layout both ways, although you're finished block is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks beautiful , these are well made with a nice layout and colors.
    bakeware set

    ReplyDelete